Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's

* i just moved to orlando so the humidity is not helpin ither



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly, but I hated it curly, so I've been having it professionally straightened. I always wear it in a ponytail because it looks so bad because it's so big. Anyone got any advice on a certain haircut I should get, or something I could do to make it have less volume?



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

- Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sulfates). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (read more about this at one of the websites) . Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse. It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser.



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Aussie Moist Conditioner. The combo of products that I use daily is Garnier Fuctis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream, Tressemme Clean Hold Gel, and Aussie Tizz No Frizz Gel, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- If your wear your hair long the length will weigh your hair down and decrease its volume, long layers will also do this. I would recommend not getting you hair thinned because the thinning shears will make your ends look ratty and also prevent new growth.



-Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

You can use thinning shears, it makes it kinda a layer, but long layers should take down the volume.



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

try growing it out below the shoulders and haveing an even cut....that means NO LAYERS! cuz layers make ur hair more puffy and it adds more volume.....after that try straitening ur hair right after you get out of the shower with a protection cream for ur hair so it's doesn't get damaged!...hope that helps



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

layer it. i have the exact same prob, my hair is super thick n chemically straightnened. i solved the problem by layering it so i don't have 'triangle' hair. good luck!



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

Well you could get a hair cut with lots of layers and also ask the hair stylist to thin it. Also you can always ask the hair stylist about what do with with your hair since it is their job to make people have cute hair.I have hair like yours and now its a lot thiner and way more managable.



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

i have the same kind of hair and i usually keep it shoulder lenght and i get it thinned out and i have layers but not that many but it seems to help keep it "little"



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

I have the same problem! It seems best to go either very short or very long and do the ponytail thing. I use Dove Moisturizer shampoo- helps a lot to tame it. Try NOT to use a hairdryer. Also, use big barettes to put of the front in two sections, then bring it around to make a small ponytail in the back- leave the rest down. Looks pretty good. Hair cut? Avoid any bobbed cuts. Just even all around, short, and get it thinned at the salon.



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

welcome sister! my hair is just like yours. wut i do is ask my hairstylist to help me thin out the hair.then i use sleek and shine from garnier ffructis, and i straighten my hair.



My hair is soo unbelievably thick!! It's is always soo poofy and has soo much volume. It's naturally curly,

I have similar hair. And I tried a lot of stuffs. Finally the best thing I could do is to have an even length hair down till the bottom of my ear. And from there, I have thinned layers, laying inside out till my shoulder.



This style looks perfect if you part your hair on the side and can afford to thin the bottom half of your hair once in 6/7 weeks.



Another trick is: wear a reasonably tight-fit wintercap that covers till the bottom of your ear every night before going to bed. You would definitely wake up showing less volume and straighter texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment