Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big Thick Curly Frizzy Brown Hair............HELP?

I have shoulder length hair (a bit shorter then shoulder length) and I can't do anything with it i just got i tcut and it is too short to put in a pony tail. my hair is really thick curly and frizzy. When i curl my hair is goes really big and wehn i straighten my hair i like it for about 10 minutes and then it just starts to get big and wavy again i can't do anything with it i need help so can you please give me some tips i have had this hair my whole life and i still cannot find a thing to do with it....HELP



Big Thick Curly Frizzy Brown Hair............HELP?

put gel in it when you straighten it, or maybe even get it relaxed, but its kinda expensive.



Big Thick Curly Frizzy Brown Hair............HELP?

I have a friend who has very curly and frizzy red hair. She has had to learn to work with the texture of her hair instead of against it. After she takes a shower (in which she makes sure to condition her hair!), she uses her fingers to part her hair on the side she wants and 'finger-comb' the rest of her hair. She does not brush her hair except right before getting in the shower. Immediately after finger-combing her hair, she applies Garnier Fructis Surf Hair (when her hair is still soaking wet). She then lets her hair air day. As long as she hasn't put too much of the Garnier Fructis Surf Hair in her hair, her hair dries curly but not crunchy; most of the time you can't even tell she has product in her hair when it is dry. Whenever she tries to straighten her hair, it almost immediately starts reverting back to its natural way, as well. I recommend accepting the fact that you have naturally curly hair and not trying to change it. You might not appreciate it yet, but I'm sure someday you will! =)



Big Thick Curly Frizzy Brown Hair............HELP?

- Shampoo your hair 3 times a week. If you shampoo it too often, it'll dry your hair out and cause frizz.



- Condition your hair daily.



- Grow your hair out long; The length will weigh your hair down, making it less frizzy %26amp; big.



- Do NOT brush your hair!!!; Use a wide-tooth comb instead.



- Don't touch your hair after you finish styling it; It will cause frizz.



- This is how to style your hair:



1. Apply leave-in conditioner to hair.



2. Apply an anti-frizz serum (Garnier Sleek %26amp; Shine Anti-Frizz Serum is really good)



3. Use an extra-strength mousse (it helps to control hair better)



4. Use a gel (Even more frizz control =])



5. Apply hairspray



- Another suggestion would be to have your hair chemically straightened, but it can be damaging %26amp; expensive.



Big Thick Curly Frizzy Brown Hair............HELP?

I have the same problem... Ridiculously thick hair sucks.



lol.



What i do is in the shower (AFTER conditioning it), I comb it through with a strong, but fine toothed comb (to seperate the curls, they look neater and more defined... it works, trust me.)



When i'm out of the shower, I wrap my hair up in a towel, and then I use 3 squirts of this stuff:



http://tigihaircare.us/tigi/catwalk/arch...



(Without a comb.... I just rub it around on my hands and then spread it all the way through my hair... beneath and on top. It's hard to show you exactly what i do. but make sure you get it all the way to the tips.



Oh...



I only wash it once or twice a week...More if i'm swimming, But when I do I use the shampoo on this page...



http://redken.com/products/displayBrand....



I use the 'butter treat' cream every day in place of a conditioner. It works the same, does the same thing, but is thicker and better for curls.



When i'm done with that, I put in a headband (thick, hard) sort of like these, except much less expensive:



http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/category.jh...



And then i fluff it up along the sides a little,



Leaving the front portion of my hair out like bangs. :)



Oh I guess i part it on the side, aswell... I know that sounds crazy... Youd think it poof up alot, but it doesn't. I always get compliments on how controlled my hair looks for tight greek or african - like curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment